The first game of my “one microRPG game a month” challenge; a two d6 attempt at combining oracle and game into one information-packed roll.
- Very simple and easy to run without notes.
- One mechanic for resolving conflicts, pushing the story forward, and the oracle.
- Uses a simple Lenormand tarot inspired keyword chart.
- Strongly narrative with a few structure board game elements.
- Could easily be played with an experienced group, not just solo.
I also wrote a companion adventure in a loose “CYOA” format; it’s mostly system agnostic and plays into the example game in Conflicts & Complications. It’s also highly experimental; an attempt to control the narrative while allowing plenty of room for standard solo improvisation.
I was trying to go for a companion format for C&C that would be easily moddable but I don’t think this is it!